Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tired day @ work

Phew, today was extremely strenous for me. Had to change from my formal clothes to coverall twice in one day! Never expected it. In the end, seemed like I only wore my formal clothes for 1 hour only.

In the morning at 9am, went to the shipyard to look at the vessel. My supervisor was called in because there were problems with the valves. Air and water were pumped in a pressure of 10 bar. With the valves closed, the pressure should remain constant but it didnt. There was pressure loss and leakages could be seen around the valves enclosures.

Moving on, went to engine room of the vessel. We inspected the fuel oil tanks, which are beneath the engine room. My knee wasnt that good so I assisted from the top only. My supervisor, Abbas was really good man! Experience really matters! He inspected and discovered the centreline of the manhole was wrong. He asked the person in charge to bring the drawing, and true enough it was wrong! Haha. I believe errors do happen especially with vessel construction when there are so many parts involved. Just wonder how much the level of tolerance is allowed.

Then, I came back for lunch. One hour break. After that, went back to the office and was told that colleagues are going to do maintenance check on a vessel that just arrived yesterday at the yard. Initially I was very hesitant, because I just bathed and changed into my formal attire. However, I went under the advice of my brother. Again, I changed into my coverall. Together with 4 colleagues, we did the maintenance check on the vessel. It took us full 3 hours. In the end, I think I was the happier person, given the chance to witness all the equipments and machinery that I actually studied for the past few days. Hehe.

I don't know what's coming up tomorrow. Everyday is a challenge! Hehe. Gotta sleep soon. Nites everyone

No comments: