Monday, November 5, 2007

First meeting with a sports doctor

I will be meeting a sports doctor tomorrow at the Tamaki campus regarding the meniscus tear to my left knee. Gosh, I am nervous. It will be my first time seeing a sports doctor. For the past 10 weeks since I suffered this injury, there wasnt much of a recovery. My physio, James then had to refer me to a sports doctor. Sigh.

I checked the website (Adidas Sports Clinic), then I saw the doctor whom I am going to meet tomorrow. He is Dr Chris Hanna.

I then checked his credibility. Wow!!

Sports PhysicianMBChB, PG Dip Sports Medicine (Auckland), FACSP
Joined as a partner of adidas Sports Medicine in 2001.
Medical Director New Zealand Shooting Federation.
Medical Doctor for the NZ Olympic team, 2004.
Medical Director NZ Commonwealth Games Welfare 2006.
State Training Coordinator for the Australasian College of Sports Physicians.
Senior Lecturer, University of Auckland, Department of General Practice since 1998.
Research interests include tears of the pectoralis major muscle.

I am sure this experience is going to be worthwhile. I hope he can tell me more about my injury. Better if he can produce a scan on my knee so I can see what's going on there. I will be going back to Malaysia in a weeks time, hence not much time for actual physiotherapy and recovery here. Just hope there is miracle in this one week. Hehe.

So, I will be taking the Tamaki shuttle to the campus then walk over the clinic. I have to go earlier coz of the irregular bus time during examination period. I hope they don't check for my ID coz I am not allowed to take the shuttle. Hehe. Hopefully everything will be good and that I will come back to the city, without having to take the public buses. Expensive le!!

So, Dr Chris, I shall see you tomorrow!!

1 comment:

joannechin said...

dude.. thats mei's doctor too!! lol