Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Signs that you are back home @ Malaysia

There are obvious signs that you are back in your hometown. So, here are the signs;

1) The weather. Torrential downpours regardless of the time. Once it starts raining, you can forget about going out. Unlike Auckland, rain will stop somehow.

2) The food. Omg. Food is totally like heaven here. Nothing beats Malaysian food. My fav kolo mee, had it hours after I touched down at the airport. Hehe. Not only that, home-cooked food too. Yum Yum.

3) Humidity. Malaysia is famous for humidity la. Like no wind like that. Super hot!! Talking about hot. Oh my, I was eating in KK, it was so hot, then my buttock started sweating. In the end my pants got wet. Somemore I was wearing beige coloured pants. So you know la, people can see my wet pants. Darn, wished I had worn black that day. Lolz.

4) The people. Hehe, I get to speak a lot of Bahasa Melayu and Mandarin compared to Auckland where English was the main language. Feels so Malaysia, when you hear people speaking Manglish, Malaylish? (Malay + English).

5) Astro. Haha. I dreaded for this most!! Now, I am able to watch football matches already plus some other channels, unlike in Auckland with the pathetic national tv channels. I no money for SKY ma. Hehe.

6) Shopping. Wah, seriously, when I looked at the prices here, I started to divide it by 2.5. Hehe. As if I own a lot of NZ dollars. Things here are much cheaper, in fact way cheaper especially clothes. I doubt I'll be buying much since I have huge stock in Auckland already. I have been controlling well...hehe...I think the "lubang" between my fingers a lil bit smaller.

7) Air conditioning. Haha. You don't need air con in NZ. Here, you don't have one, you will feel "cremated" in the long run. Hmm, a lil bit harshly said. Haha. However, sometimes I feel too cold...haha

8) Maxis, not Vodafone. Haha. My Malaysia number is 012-379-3848. Not 021 k.

9) Friends. Friends that I only see once a year, some 2 years, some more than 2 years. It makes the meeting more valuable as we dont get to see each other so often. Hehe. Just find out more about their current situation. I believe most of them are already in their last years.

10) Family. Nothing beats the comfort and trust of the family. Hehe. Now my bro is back! Every member of the family is back home now. Hehe. Been treated like a King so far, with food cooked, clothes washed and so much more...hehehe....well, holiday is a well deserved break right??

No comments: