Friday, November 23, 2007

First day at work @ Ajang Shipping

Everyone dreads their first day at work. Not knowing what are the expectations put upon you, fear that your colleagues will treat you badly, fear the workload, fear the bosses, fear that you will not perform well and etc.

Well, today was my first day at work in Ajang Shipping Sdn. Bhd. I will be working as a temporary staff (intern) for 2 and half months in the technical department. Hehe, this will fulfil the remaining 300 hours of my practical work experience. Great stuff!

Oh my, I really enjoyed my first day at work. It's somehow special and unexpected, I would say. Haha. First day at work, already I visited the toilet for the ever so important business in one's life. I am sure you can figure it out. Thank goodness I didnt take too long or else what would my colleagues think of me? Haha. What would you think of me? Shermayne, I ate something wrong la, so it was automatic.

After that, I met up with the Admin manager. Was given a contract to sign in regards to the terms and conditions of being an employee at the company. What's important, all companies documents are strictly private and confidential. Not allowed to leak out anything. It's a great commitment man, hehe, I have no one to leak out also la...Apart from that, there are usual stuff like dress code, work ethics, and some regulations here and there regarding safety at work.

Moving on, he then gave me a short presentation of the company. What the company does, goals, assests and etc. To my shock, my ex-schoolmate Kenny Wong also started work today. He came in half way during the presentation, haha. I dont think he is in the technical department. Haha. Soon later, I was given a punch card. For what le? Haha, to record my time of coming to work and leaving. Haha. Tomorrow, my another ex-schoolmate, Lorna Munan will register my index finger print for access into the office. Hehe, that shows how high tech the security is eh...

Haha. There are so many employees in the company man. A girl by the name of Julie brought me around to introduce me to them. Gosh, I can only remember a few names. Hehe. After that, I was brought to my table. Hehe. With so many employees, I must say everyone is seated very closely to one another. Haha. It's good where everyone can liase without any barriers. I am sitting directly opposite to the technical supervisor, Mr. Abas. He is inside a room la. Oh my, he is going to see me everyday. Lol. Hehe, talking about supervisor, the other one is Mr. Liew. Haha.

The funny thing happened today was Mr Liew went to Brunei, hence his office was empty. My bro just came back from Batam, and he didnt have a place to sit coz he is going to resign by end of this month to pursue his career in Singapore. So, he was asked to sit in Mr. Liew's room. Haha. Everyone then called him Mr. Liu - sounds the same ma. Haha. Later in the afternoon, around 3pm, he came back and went to his room. You know what he said?He said," Wa, Lesley you want to take over my place ar?" Then he saw me, he then said, "wa, two brothers some more ar!" All the colleagues outside heard. Everyone had a good laugh. Haha

So far, I was asked a read a 100 page book that contains all the technical specifications of the new vessel, which the construction is currently in progress at Shin Yang. It took me so long to understand the terms man, so many which I have never come across before. Lucky for my bro, he told me most of them. Haha. So yeah, basically I did reading today only. I am supposed to do some readings now, but I am guilty of not blogging. So here I am. Lol.

Tomorrow will be a fun day. I get the chance to see the vessel with Mr. Abas. Cant wait actually. Colleagues have cautioned me about the dangers of visiting a construction shipyard. I need to be very cautious. I already have the Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) - helmet, safety boots and red over all. Hehe. I will be the photographer also, was assigned the company's camera. Hehe.

So yeah, here is to TOMORROW!

4 comments:

-aLLYSa- said...

Hey..

Just bump into ur blog from random links =) Dunno if u still remember this "net fren" u used to know years ago :) Anyway, nice blog u hv here..It's nice to see you again in this virtual cyberspace ^^ Take care and God be with you always =)

Regards,
Allysa

Jeremy Liu said...

Hi allysa, i remember you. You are the girl from st co. How's life?

-aLLYSa- said...

Glad tat u havent forgotten this old fren of yours ^^

Anyway,I'm fine here..currently still studying in Multimedia University, Malacca. How about u? Heard u got JPA scholarship,rite? Where u studying now? =) Or u graduate adi,working in Miri now?

It's nice to see old fren again, thou it's been years since we last contacted. Still remember those days in MIRC? Haha.. It's been a very very long time ago ay? =)

Regards,
Allysa

Unknown said...

wow.. just bump into ur blog.. Im also a new intern at ajang shipping.. what course do u take ?