Monday, June 23, 2008

Siblings conference

22nd of June marks the first ever online conference for my siblings and I. Never once we had an online conference with everyone present, most of the time it was just one to one conversation. My mum then came online and joined the conversation. It was like a family reunion, except for my dad who was already asleep at that time. Haha.

Guess it is something that should be done often, at least once a fortnight, just to update each other on current happenings. I was so lost on my siblings' recent happenings until we were engaged in the conference. 

Not only it helps with the updating, it also allows us to share thoughts and experiences. My brother, being the eldest and already in the working world shared the most. Invaluable lessons that he learnt he shared it all. I was somehow like in the middle while my sister was the most naive one, not knowing how the real world actually is. Well, she is learning from her brothers. Haha.

We also shared our personal problems with one another. I wouldnt say all personal problems but problems that just need to be heard by another person in order to feel better. When friends fail you, your family won't fail you. Always keep that in mind. Siblings and parents are always there for you in times of need. 

I hope there will be more online conferences from now onwards. I miss my family! My bro who is Singapore, my sis who will be going to Sunderland soon, my parents back at home in Miri and I in Auckland, we are all so far apart from one another. We just need to constantly communicate to keep the ties as strong as ever. Distance makes the heart ponder? I agree in a different context. It makes ties even stronger where appreciation of one another when the other is not around over rules the distances apart. So, here is more to it! :)

No comments: